Pontoons are easy to dock once you learn some basic skills! You can get started with this handy video on how to dock a pontoon boat that’s packed with indispensable tips.
Keep these things in mind:
- Take it slow. Never approach the dock faster than you are willing to hit it.
- Be patient and make small adjustments as needed.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Trim your engine up if necessary.
- Keep the engine on until you are parked at the dock in case someone falls in or you need to maneuver away from another boat.
- Secure the boat using dock lines with the appropriate knot for your docking situation.
When it comes to boat docking, practice makes perfect! Don't get frustrated if you don't get it right the first time. Set aside some time to practice and be willing to teach other boaters who may be interested in learning how to do it themselves.